The regular consumption of this lemongrass-ginger tea helps treat many common ailments and improve your overall health. For therapeutic use, you should consume 500 ml to 1 liter of this tea (or about 17-34 ounces) every day.
When mixed, ginger and lemongrass work effectively, synergistically, and powerfully. In addition, you can benefit from consuming this tea in case you:
– Suffer from bladder/urinary tract or yeast infections;
– Are on a juice fast;
– Are doing a detox;
– Want to lose weight;
– Want to boost your immune system;
– Have a highly acidic blood;
– Experience a health issue related to imbalanced gut flora.
In the recipe below, we use a 500 ml portion measurement.
– 2 inches ginger root (you can use less, in case you want less pungent)
– 3 large lemongrass bulbs (use the white base part because it has the highest concentration of nutrients)
– 1 torch ginger bud (in case you omit it, substitute it for one or two additional lemongrass bulbs)
– 600 ml of pure drinking water (you should use this amount of water since a bit of it will evaporate during boiling)
It is important to know that young ginger is less pungent compared to the old one.
You can multiply these portions accordingly in order to make greater volume of tea.
– In a non-aluminium pot, boil 600 ml (~20oz) of water.
– Slice finely, or cut/pound the above ingredients to release the phytonutrients, fragrance and oils.
– Throw the cut ingredients into the boiling water, turn fire down to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
– When done, turn off the fire and cover the pot with lid. Let the tea steep for about 20-30 minutes.
– Strain. Add 1 tablespoon raw honey or stevia for taste if desired. Drink warm.
It is recommended that you make this tea fresh daily, and drink it warm.
Tip for busy people: You can prepare this tea in the night and leave it in the pot to cool. In the morning, just lightly reboil it and pour into a thermal flask to take with you to work. You can sip it throughout the day but do not keep for more than 24 hours.
Note that when drinking this tea, the diuretic effect will make you want to urinate more. The tea is doing its work of carrying out toxins to be eliminated. Do drink lots of water also to continue with the elimination.